Monday, July 28, 2014

Mint & Gold ::: Anchors & Bows

I love mint, white, and gold together. It is one of my all time favorite color combinations. Of course, that carried over to my nails. 

I decided to do a quick stamped look with Orly Luxe, my all time favorite gold polish, mixed with a mint/white ombre.


My pointer finger is two quick coats of Orly Luxe with no top coat. I used a makeup sponge to do a quick gradient with Milani White and Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet before I stamped them with Orly Luxe and a plate from Born Pretty Store, which can be found here. My pinky is two coats of Milani White and I used a dotting tool to add some dots of Orly Luxe. The stripes surrounding the bow on my ring finger were added by hand with a striping brush.

I originally had not planned on adding the stripes, but I slipped with my stamper my bow was a little off center and adding the stripes helps disguise that. Adding dots or stripes around a crooked stamp is a great trick to hide a flaw without having to completely start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment